Advanced CCAATA (St. Malo, MB 2022)
We are committed to professional excellence in the field of Child-Centered Animal-Assisted Therapy. We have developed in-depth certification program that focuses on joining animals and children that promotes healing, connection, and growth. We strive to ensure the safety of both the client and the animal assistant, by honoring the human-animal bond, the attachment needs of the child, all while endorsing the highest levels of professional competence needed to facilitate this sacred work.
This is the third training required to reach full certification through CCAATA.
Dates: August 19-21. 2022 (9:00am-5:00pm)
Duration: 30 hours (3 days in-person & 6 hours adjunct e- learning and assigned reading)
Cost: $1550 + GST
Purpose: In this training, CCAAT Practitioners will further their exploration of the CCAAT model while focusing on more depth-based, process-oriented work.
- Integrate and demonstrate knowledge of CCAAT concepts and principles
- Creation of an in-depth Professional Practice Plan
- Learn advanced strategies to foster positive mental health outcomes in children
- Explore specific mental health concerns facing children and how to adjust your practice to help facilitate positive mental health outcomes
- Engage in practice sessions with cohort members
- Develop a personal Scope of Practice and Professional Development Plan
- Explore a variety of case studies
More about the location of the training:
Lil’ Steps is a comprehensive wellness facility, specialized to treat both adults and children. Lil’ Steps offers everything from play therapy for children to animal-assisted counselling and summer camps.
Learn more: https://www.lilstepswellnessfarm.net/
This training will be offered primarily outdoors, is only being offered to 10 participants (at this time), and all mandated AHS health measures will be taken to ensure the safety of attendees. Should this training be mandated to cancel by the provincial government, a full refund will be issued to all participants.