Intermediate CCAATA Training (Millet, AB 2022)
We are committed to professional excellence in the field of Child-Centered Animal-Assisted Therapy. We have developed in-depth certification program that focuses on joining animals and children that promotes healing, connection, and growth. We strive to ensure the safety of both the client and the animal assistant, by honoring the human-animal bond, the attachment needs of the child, all while endorsing the highest levels of professional competence needed to facilitate this sacred work.
This is the second training required to reach full certification through CCAATA.
Dates: September 30-October 2, 2022
Duration: 30 hours (3 days in-person & 6 hours adjunct e- learning and assigned reading)
Cost: $1550 + GST
Purpose: In this training, CCAAT Practitioners will further their exploration of the CCAAT model while focusing on more depth-based, process-oriented work.
- Integrate and demonstrate knowledge of CCAAT concepts and principles
- Creation of an in-depth Professional Practice Plan
- Learn advanced strategies to foster positive mental health outcomes in children
- Explore specific mental health concerns facing children and how to adjust your practice to help facilitate positive mental health outcomes
- Engage in practice sessions with cohort members
- Develop a personal Scope of Practice and Professional Development Plan
- Explore a variety of case studies with cohort members
More about the location of the training:
Hooves of Hope Ranch is located on a 100-acre ranch in the heart of Alberta; 30 minutes south of Edmonton near Millet, AB. It is surrounded by rolling hills and acres of forest; and home to several therapy horses, miniature horses, goats, cats, dogs, and chickens. Learning more: https://www.hoovesofhoperanch.com/
This training will be offered primarily outdoors, is only being offered to 10 participants (at this time), and all mandated AHS health measures will be taken to ensure the safety of attendees. Should this training be mandated to cancel by the provincial government, a full refund will be issued to all participants.